- Start off by downloading the WeMo from the Google Play Store. If the Alexa app is not available in your non-US store, download the apk manually instead, eg the following link to apkmirror.
- On your Android phone, forget your home wifi settings, then plug in the Belkin WeMo Switch. When the switch led flashes blue and orange, that means that the switch's wifi field is active, with a naming like WeMo.Switch.563.
- Connect to the wifi ID, then start up the WeMo app. Follow through with the app setup and the WeMo switch can now be controlled from the WeMo app.
- For this second part of connecting the WeMo to the Echo, we can do it via the Android app, or by going to http://alexa.amazon.com/
- Go to Settings -> Connected Home -> Discover Devices to automatically find your WeMo Switch.
- After that, go to Group -> Create Group, and enter a simple name that you will be able to say to the Echo. Eg in the screenshot above, I intend to just say "Alexa, turn on Lamp"
And there you go, we're all set up in 3 and a half minutes!